Procedure for Transfer or Sale of Ownership of a Vehicle at Andhra Pradesh


Where the ownership of a motor vehicle is transferred, the transferor shall report the fact of transfer in Form 29 to the registering authorities concerned in whose jurisdiction the transferor and the transferee reside or have their places of business.
An application for the transfer of ownership of a motor vehicle under sub-clause
(i) of clause (a) of sub-section (1) of Section 50 shall be made by the transferee in Form 30, and shall be accompanied by:-

the certificate of registration
the certificate of insurance,
the certificate of pollution under control
PAN card in case of 4-wheeler
The appropriate fee as specified in rule 81.
An application for transfer of ownership of a motor vehicle under sub-clause (ii) of clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 50 shall be made by the transferee in Form 30 and shall, in addition tot eh documents and fee referred to in sub-rule(2), be accompanied by one of the following documents, namely:-

a no objection certificate granted by the registering authority under subh-section (3) of section 48; or
an order of the registering authority refusing to grant the no objection certificate under sub-section (3) of section 48;
where the no objection certificate or the order, as the case may be, has not been received, a declaration by the transferor that he has not received any such communication together with:-

the receipt obtained from the registering authority under sub-section (2) of section 48; or
the postal acknowledgement received from the registering authority where the application for no objection certificate has been sent by post.


  1. I have a situation with the RTA. Can you guide me to get this addressed?

    We bought a Scorpio in a bank auction. In these cases, bank will not have the RC as it will be a seized vehicle for not paying the vehicle loan. Therefore, bank issued a NOC which simply states that "You are the new owner".

    When we approached RTA in Hyd, they told us that the previous owner changed his address to Rajamundry. So, we were asked to go deal with RTA in Rajamundry. when we go there, they say that the vehicle was initially registered in Hyd so Hyd RTA should process the transfer.

    Between these two RTA offices, we still don't have an RC for the vehicle we purchased.

    Who can help us sort this confusion?

  2. Actually speaking it is the job of RTA., Hyderabad to porcess the same and do the needful, since it is registered at Hyderabad.They simply cant wish away asking you to go to Rajahmundry RTA to process the same, it is done thru inter office memo,and you from your side should give RTA Hyderabad a letter with the facts, and a copy of the BANK NOC TO YOU. I really dont understand why RTA., Hyderabad, has given you wrong information.Please approach the Transport Comissioner's office if they are not able to solve the problem.