Online Driving license can easily be obtained in Bangalore by easily registering online. Follow the following steps to go ahead and get yourself a driving licence.
1.1. First you have to know that THE ON-LINE REGISTRATION FOR LEARNER’S LICENCE IS ONLY FOR NON-TRANSPORT VEHICLES WHICH ARE USED FOR PERSONAL USE (i.e. Motor Cycle without Gear below 50cc, Motor Cycle Without Gear, Motor Cycle with Gear, Light Motor Vehicle Non-Transport (Car, Jeeps etc.), Light Motor Vehicle Non-Transport Auto (for personal use only), Light Motor Vehicle Tractor/Trailer and Invalid carriage). So apply for online driving licence if only you fall under one of this category.
1.2. THE APPLICANT CAN APPLY FOR LEANER’S LICENCE FOR MORE THAN ONE CLASS OF VEHICLES IN A SINGLE ON-LINE APPLICATION FORM ONLY.
1.3. FOR THIS PURPOSE, THE APPLICANT SHOULD SELECT THE ONE OR MORE CLASSES OF VEHICLES AS DESIRED.
1.4. EVEN IF HE APPLIES FOR MORE THAN ONE CLASS OF VEHICLES THE PRELIMINARY TEST IS COMMON FOR ALL CLASS OF VEHICLES.
2. For full details on
Age limit & Age Proof
Mode and fees payment,
Time for issue of Learner’s licence and its Validity, etc.
Please read the item http://bangalore.trafficpolice.co.in/2013/04/rto-bangalore-how-to-get-learners.html
3. The applicant for On-line Registration should fill up the details by selecting the option ‘LEARNER’S LICENCE ONLINE REGISTRATION’ in the menu.
4. The details of filling up of ONLINE Driving Licence APPLICATION are as below:
HOW TO FILL UP DETAILS
- Select State as KA- Karnataka
- RTO Office : Here list of R.T.Os offices is listed. Name of the R.T.Os office under which area applicant’s residence or place of business or place of working comes should be selected.
Class of Vehicle
Different class of vehicles are displayed on the screen. At least one class of vehicle should be selected.
Note: 1. If the applicant is attained the age between SIXTEEN and EIGHTEEN Years, he/she is eligible for learner license for Motor Cycle without gear and engine capacity not exceeding 50 cc ONLY.
2. However if the applicant’s age is in between 16 years and 18 years he should bring his parents at the respective RTO office.
3. Applicant who wants to apply for LL for more than one class of vehicles he can select the same in a single on-line registration form .
Applicant’s name first and surname or initials after the name should be entered. Ensure that the name should be as per relevant records to be produced.
Eg. VENKATESH RAM RAO,
RAM SANGAM NAIK.
The name of Father or Husband as applicable should be entered.
The address of residence or business or institution should be entered. The postal address should be full in all respects.
Enter your temporary address such as office, institution or driving school etc. This address is an optional.
Proof of Address
The proof of address should be selected out of the listed documents. The selected document for address proof should be brought to the R.T.Os office.
Date of Birth
The Day should be selected from the list box. The Month should be selected from the list box. The Year should be entered in the Year column (YYYY) Ex. 1957, 1980,
The education qualification of the applicant should be entered. For ex. SSLC, B.A., M.Sc. M.C.A., B.E. , M.B.B.S. etc.
Identification marks of the applicant may be entered. This is an optional entry.
Blood Group & RH factor
Blood Group with RH factor may be entered. EX. B+ve , AB-ve , O+ve etc. This is an optional entry.
I Enclose 3 copies of Passport
Click this item. Three copies of passport size photos should be brought to R.T.Os office.
Fee Payment By
The applicant should indicate the mode of payment of prescribed Fees, whether Cash or DD. ( Fee Rs. 30/- for each class of vehicle for which applied can be paid by Cash also at R.T.Os Cash Counter. OR Demand Draft for Rs. 30/- for each class of vehicle for which applied can also be brought in favour of ‘The Regional Transport Officer’ of the concerned R.T.Os office).
Ex.If an applicant applies for i.Two wheeler with gear
ii. Light motor vehicle, then, fee to be paid is Rs. 60/-(Rs. 30/- + Rs.30/-)
The full D.D. number should be entered
The DD Date should be entered. The Day should be selected from the ‘Day’ list. The Month should be selected from ‘Month’ list. The Year should be entered in full in Year column (YYYY) Example 2002.
DD Bank Name
Enter the full name of the Bank on which DD is drawn.
Medical Certificate Dated
The Date of Medical Certificate should be entered. The Day should be selected from the ‘Day’ list. The Month should be selected from ‘Month’ list. The Year should be entered in full in Year column (YYYY) Example 2002. The Medical Certificate in form CMV 1 and 1A should be brought to the R.T.Os office. The form CMV 1 & 1A is available in the Website or check http://bangalore.trafficpolice.co.in/2013/04/rto-bangalore-how-to-get-learners.html
Note: The Medical Certificate is necessary for the applicant whose age is more than 40 years.
The name of the Doctor who issued the medical certificate should be entered.
I have Enrolled in Driving School and Driving Certificate Dated
In case the applicant enrolled in Driving School the Date of Driving Certificate should be entered. The Day should be selected from the ‘Day’ list. The Month should be selected from ‘Month’ list. The Year should be entered in full in Year column (YYYY) Example 2002.
Driving School Name
The full name of the Driving School should be entered in case the applicant enrolled in Driving School.
Driving School Address
The full address of the Driving School should be entered in case the applicant enrolled in Driving School.
Before submitting the ON-LINE application form, the applicant should ensure the details correctly. After ensuring the correctness of the details, he should press the ‘Submit’ option for registering his/her application.
If the applicant wishes to cancels the entry of details he/she can select this option.
4. IMPORTANT: On successful submission of ONLINE APPLICATION FORM, the applicant will get an automatic display of FORM 2 on the screen in the form WEB PAGE. INTERNET LL REFERENCE NUMBER and the Test Date with timings will be displayed at the top of this page, so that the applicant can note down the date and timings for appearing for the preliminary test. The applicant should take out the printout of the application (hard copy) must produce this at the RTO Office along with the necessary documents.
How ever if the applicant fails to bring the printout(hard copy) of application i.e. form-2, He should collect the same at Help desk of RTO Office and manually he should fill the form and submit along with the necessary documents. He must mention the INTERNET LL REFERENCE NUMBER that is generated after submitting the ONLINE registration form.
5. The applicant should sign the printed application and should submit the application along with the following documents at the respective R.T.Os office chosen in the ONLINE APPLICATION;
v Address Proof
v Age Proof
v 3 nos. passport size photographs
v DD or Cash receipt for Rs. 30/- for each class of vehicle.
6. If the applicant has attained the age of 16 years and less than 18 years of age the Consent Certificate of Parents/Guardians should be filled up in the application and signed by Parents/Guardians before the Licensing Authority. If the applicant’s age is in between 16 years and 18 years he should bring his parents at the respective RTO office.
7. The applicant after submitting his application along with documents will be allowed to appear for Preliminary Test. If he passes the application he will be issued a learner’s licence at R.T.Os office.
If the applicant applied through ONLINE REGISTRATION, appeared for preliminary test and failed in test the application will be returned with remarks, no need to apply once again through ON-LINE. The applicant can appear with the same application for the test subsequently on the dates given by the licensing authority.
1. This form can be used for applying for New Learner’s Licence (LL) or Driving Licence (DL).
2. Please fill up the data in Boxes with CAPITAL letters only.
3. Columns marked as ( *) are mandatory.
4. Enclosures: The Applicant should produce the proof for claims made in the Application where ever necessary. A set of codes defined for each
of such type of enclosures is shown in HELP section ( See Code List-A,B,C).
5. The Licensing Authority Code or RTO Code: The RTO/DTO office under whose jurisdiction the applicant resides or his/her place of business.
6. Name of the Applicant : Fill the Applicant’s name in the order of first name, middle name and surname/family name. However ensure that the
name is entered as per the relevant records being produced as proof.
Eg. JANGA REDDY CHEBANDI, DEVSINGH NAIK, SULTAN ISMAIL MOHAMMED
7. Class or type of Vehicle(COV): Different class of vehicles are given in column 11. at least one class / type of vehicle should be selected to fill
the unified application form.
8. Part -A: If you are not holding an LL/DL please fill in all relevant columns i.e. 1 -9 of Part-A
9. Part-B: It is mandatory to specify the class of v ehicles for which the LL/DL is to be issued from column 1 1 (Required Transaction Services) by
putting tick (√) mark.
10. Part-C: It is mandatory to fill column 1 2 to provide details on the required documents like age proof, qualification proof etc. The reference
number of the document enclosed also should be written as proof. If you are holding a DL or LL , please mention those details also in these
11. Part-D: The applicant shall fill this part wherever applicable.
12. Part-E: If the Applicant is minor, this form can be filled by her/his parents and the licensing authority shall mention in the endorsement.
13. Part-F: For Office Use only.
RTO – Regional Transport Office DTO – District Transport Office LL – Learner’s Licence
DL – Driving Licence COV – Class/Type of Vehicle
PSV – Public Service Vehicle
HELP for Unified Application Form for Licence to Drive Motor Vehicle
CODE LIST –A (TYPE OF ENCLOSURES SUPPORTING THE CLAIM MADE IN THE APPLICATION)
TYPE DESCRIPTION TYPE DESCRIPTION
A Age Proof L Learners Licence (LL)
B Psv Badge M Medical Fitness
C First Aid Certificate N Ration Card
D Driving Licence (DL) P Passport
E Educational Certificate T Driving Training Certificate
F FIR(First Information Report) V Visa
H Hill Driving Training Certificate X Military Licence
I International Driving Permit (IDP) Z Hazardous Training Certificate
CODE LIST –B ( EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS)
S.No DESCRIPTION S.No DESCRIPTION
00 Illiterate 39 Any Other Graduation Not specified above
01 Not specified 50 MA / MBA / M.Com / M.SC
02 Below 8th 51 Post Graduate Diploma In Science / Arts / Commerce / Management
03 8th PASSED 52 Post Graduate Diploma In Engineering / Medicine
04 10th Class /SSC / SSLC / CBSE ( X ) /
ICSE ( X ) 53 M Sc (Agriculture / Vet. Sciences)
06 I T I 54 M E ( other than Mechanical )
07 Certificate course 55 M E (Mechanical)
10 +2 / Intermediate / ICSE (12th ) / CBSE (12th) 56 MS / MD / MHMS / MAMS / MDS
11 Diploma in Engineering (non Mechanical) 57 Master of Education / Law
12 Diploma in Mechanical Engineering 58 CA / ICWA / ICS – or equivalent
13 Diploma in Other faculties 59 Any Other Post Graduation / PG Diploma Not specified above
14 DHMS 70 M Phil. ( Sciences / Arts / Commerce/ Education / Law / Management / other
30 B A / BBA / B. Com / B Sc 80 Ph.D. ( Sciences / Arts / Commerce/ Education / Law / Management / other
31 Bachelor of Agriculture / Vet. Sciences 81 Ph.D in Engineering
32 B E ( other than Mechanical) 82 Ph. D. in Medicine
33 B E (Mechanical) 90 M. Ch. ( Surgery )/ D.M. ( Medicine )
34 MBBS / BHMS / BAMS 91 D. SC. ( Sciences / Arts / Commerce / Education / Law / Management / other
35 Bachelor of Education / Law
CODE LIST –C (STA TE AND UNION TERRITORY CODE LIST)
CODE STATE NAME CODE STATE NAME CODE STATE/ UT NAME
AP Andhra Pradesh KA Karnataka SK Sikkim
AR Arunachal Pradesh KL Kerala TN Tamil Nadu
AS Assam MP Madhya Pradesh TR Tripura
BR Bihar MH Maharashtra UP Uttar Pradesh
CG Chattisgarh MN Manipur UA Uttarakhand
DL Delhi ML Meghalaya WB West Bengal
GA Goa MZ Mizoram Union Territories
GJ Gujarat NL Nagaland CH Chandigarh
HR Haryana OR Orissa AN Andaman & Nicobar Islands
HP Himachal Pradesh PY Pondicherry DN Dadra & Nagar Haveli
JK Jammu and Kashmir PB Punjab DD Daman and Diu
JH Jharkhand RJ Rajasthan LD Lakshadweep